Jan 18, 2009

Jerry rigs and other studio pics





I love Jesses little studio decor thinga-ma-jigs he has laying around, the speaker its on is a Event ASP6. 

that PVC pipe thingy is a genius thing Jesses dad put up to save on studio space.

the Mic thats hangging from it is a Sennheiser Condenser which we are using for Vocals  

that wire running from the guitar jack goes down my pants while I record to get rid of the static buzz. the guitar is Ricks guitar its a PRS Tremontii SE. I love the feel of it, I havent played many guitars that just feel sooo right and this one just feels sooo right.

and that beautiful AMP is my baby, we got a nice tone out of it yesterday when Rick came over, I cant wait to start recording with it.

it is a peavy 5150 eddie van halen model, I think Im gna cry when I have to resale it.

The Mics we are using on this monster are a SM57 and a Shure KSM32 Condenser, which we have running into the RNPs.

Keep Praying this album through. Its been  a fight from the start to the till now and we only have a few more weeks.

16 comments:

tAka said...

I like the "wire running from the guitar jack goes down my pants" part.....

Steve said...

Dude...You will get some serious tones with that thing. Even with the Sheffield speakers. What do you plan to resale it for?

Yuichi Shigetani said...

70-80 somthing like that, why? you wanna buy it? its got a killer tone.

Steve said...

Hm, Seeing as new Price is about 110 now, Thats about right...
I would like it, When You plan to sell it, let me know and I might have money around then.

Yuichi Shigetani said...

yeah ok man good deal.
Ill talk to you when im done with it.

Philip said...

Score Abner...looking forward to the album! The setup looks great...God bless Jesse! Praying for you.

Jesse said...

He is blessing me with happiness.

Jehud said...

Sexy tremonti guitar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have a weak for PRS's.

Jesse said...

PRS's ROCk.

Did I just say that?>

Jesse said...

You could stay longer if you like...:)
Just need to ask the man of the house. My dad. Dear Abner.

Jesse said...

So dude, you making covers for this album?

Like a real jewel case?

Sam said...

ha! That little drum set/guitar rocks the socks!

I reeeallly like the feel of those PRS SE's....a little too chubby sounding for me, but I haven't tried the Tremontii yet. Looks like a total winner tho. You just bought the equip to record the album? Are you going to print a record as well?
I'd buy it. :D

mark said...

My humble opinion....Ibanez prestige, or anything from Jackson that is made in Japan.

PRS is the most over rated guitar on the market, and the SE series is a joke. If you are going to buy one of those, i would suggest a Schecter.

mark said...

5150's are the go to amp for solid hardcore tones. Be in the look out for 6505s tho, they are the same amp with a different name stamped on them due to an Eddie VH court battle for the rights after he split with Peavey. They go pretty cheap.

Krank is pretty good too.

Philip said...

Hi there Abner.....I'm sure you will inform us when it's ready via this blog, but I'm just dying to know how it's all going:D
You once said end of Feb was a possible release date.....how's it looking? I'm really needing some new music lol

Shunnie kun said...

mark said...

My humble opinion....Ibanez prestige, or anything from Jackson that is made in Japan.

PRS is the most over rated guitar on the market, and the SE series is a joke. If you are going to buy one of those, i would suggest a Schecter.


I totally agree with you! PRS is wayyyy to over rated. Ibanez prestige series are awsome! You can't go wrong with them.